You’ve heard about High Intensity Tactical Training (HITT), but what about Aquatics Maximum Power Intensity Training (AMP-IT)? AMP-IT is a water-based workout suitable for all fitness levels. AMP-IT isn’t like the water aerobics classes you’ve seen before. It’s a high intensity fitness class that will increase muscle endurance, improve cardiovascular-respiratory function, and aid in injury rehabilitation.
Not convinced yet? Here are 11 reasons why you should add AMP-IT into your workout rotation.
- AMP-IT is non-weight-bearing. The buoyancy of the water reduces the impact on your body by as much as 90 percent, so there’s no undue pressure on your joints.
- Bored of your current exercise regimen? AMP-IT offers an alternative to land-based fitness training while being just as intense as anything you can do on the ground.
- It keeps you cool, allowing you to increase the length of your workout.
- Get a cardio workout just by being vertical in the water. The added water pressure on your heart and lungs forces them to work harder, causing you to take deeper breaths and burn more calories.
- Not a fan of the water? AMP-IT offers a safe, controlled environment where you can get more comfortable with being in the water.
- Water provides natural resistance, giving you a full body workout.
- You can still train even if you’re on light duty assignment. Being suspended in the water reduces pressure on existing injuries.
- It’s a great form of cross training. Alternate your AMP-IT workout with HITT sessions or other land-based fitness activities.
- With AMP-IT everyone can work at their own pace and fitness level. This increases unit cohesion by allowing Marines of all ability levels to train together.
- It’s great for multi-taskers. AMP-IT provides fitness, recreational and functional benefits all in one hour long session!
- It’s FUN!
But don’t take our word for it. Sign up for a class and see the benefits first hand. Click here to find an AMP-IT class near you!